Monday, September 6, 2010

Trumpet Vines

This past spring my aunt gave me three little Red Trumpet Vine plants.

Her plant is very well behaved and very, very old. So old that I thought it was some kind of tree before it bloomed. It puts out good sized red-orange blooms. And did I mention that it's well behaved?

The three little plants are not.

They are also no longer little. There are several 4-5 foot vines on each plant. If they were growing up something this wouldn't be a problem but they are in a pot on the deck. I looked into a pre-made trellis and they were far too expensive. Even at Walmart.

I might put one out by a large tree in the back yard for it to grow on. I think it would look very nice out there. The problem would be convincing my parents of this.

I have a feeling they won't put out flowers until next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment