Saturday, October 2, 2010

Fall Bonsai Care

I started moving some of my non-blizzard tolerant plants into the Florida room. It's basically a porch closed off with sliding glass doors so it isn't temperature controlled. But it does offer a bit of protection until i can set something up inside.

Yes, I'm committing the cardinal sin of bonsai. Keeping the plant inside!

My hope is to clear out my shelves in the garage again.  It worked last year for the maple and juniper. I think I'll sneak them into my dads boat so they get a little more protection. This is far from the perfect situation, but I still live at home and my mom doesn't like plants inside.

Which doesn't stop me from taking them inside any how.

Fortunately the Sequoya will be safe in the kitchen along with my lavender. With the orchids and other things that haven't died on me yet. I have a few poplars that I am going to put in the ground. They are far too small for anything right now. with luck the rabbits and moles won't eat them.

No comments:

Post a Comment