Friday, February 11, 2011

New Ficus Bonsai

This one is not dinky in the least. And that alone makes me very happy. It was also a very good deal so i think it might have been miss marked. But once I have more space I'll pick up some more to make up for it.

So! The enw one is pretty big. But the roots are so pot bound it's sad. there is one huge root that is wrapped around the whole inner edge of the pot. So when it finally warms up around here I'll have to either re-pot it or seriously trim back the roots. I hope the smaller tree isn't as bad.

Other then that It is loosely styled as a broom. While it looks nice right now, it has a lot of flaws. So I'm going to have to see how fast it grows to figure out how long to leave training wires on it. I might skip wire wrapping the branches for now and just start out with guy-wires. I think it's current training put has enugh of an edge that I can hook the wires to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment