Friday, May 20, 2011

Giant Sequoya Progression

Giant Sequoya Progression

Winter 2008 I think. This was taken shortly after I first purchased/potted it. It was thinner then a pencil.



2009 I was so happy that a new branch had started. It grew very little this year.

 2011
 Scarring from cutting a branch over the winter.
 More scarring. I was trying to avoid revers taper by removing the branch.
I don't think it worked. Also the trunk is so thin here because it grew flat from the rocks. The rocks are there to keep the squirls from digging in it's pot.

Right now the trunk is about three times thicker then it was when I first bought it. I have pinched the branches back but this is a very aggressive growing tree. The tap root is still intact because I want this to grow as large as possible before I cut it. But because I have to move it inside for the winter I will be using the 'escaping root' growing method.

No comments:

Post a Comment